I have spent the last month or so testing out the Oben CT-3561 Compact Travel Tripod with the Oben BE-117T Ball Head.
Overall, I really liked the tripod and ball head combination. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a well-made tripod they can be confident in and still enjoy lightweight and portability that makes it easy to take traveling and hiking.
- Maximum Height: 64.3 inches
- Maximum Height without Column Extended: 55.3 inches
- Minimum Height: 9.3 inches
- Weight: 3.1 pounds (I believe this includes the ball head)
- Advertised Load Capacity: 17.6 pounds
- Folded Height: 16.8 inches
- Tripod Legs: 5 sections, twist levers, 180 degree rotation
- Rubber feet with covered metal spikes
- Arca-type quick-release plate
- Separate panning lock
- Two bubble levels
- Center Column-Long section of column can be removed so the head and short column section can attach directly to the chassis
- The ball head is nicely designed and feels solid enough to not worry about it breaking down like the cheap ball heads that come with popular cheap tripods.
- The portability of this tripod is what will likely make it my go-to tripod. It is awesome for hiking and traveling because it is very light weight and the legs reverse fold to make its folded length only 16.8 inches.
- The height is a little shorter than I would like, but it is a trade I am willing to make for its compactness.
- I am comfortable with its stability. I had no issues taking a 9 image hdr, focus-stacked image with it. The bottom leg sections are pretty skinny and I would be wary to use those sections in heavy wind or fast moving water.
- The tripod and ball head were very easy and comfortable to use.
You can check out this tripod on Amazon for current pricing.
5 thoughts on “Tripod Review: Oben CT-3561 and BE-117T Ball Head”